Our Client are a franchised dealer group – Who are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their well established accounts team in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
Salary & Benefits:
Basic £23,000 plus bonus OTE £25,000
Type of Role:
This a full time permanent position working Monday to Friday.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Overseeing the purchase and sales ledger:-
* Purchase ledger – ensuring all invoices are processed, authorised, coded and paid in a timely manner. Including aged creditor and registered document control. Setup of new suppliers
* Sales ledger : ensuring customers adhere to payment terms, setup of new accounts and credit checks. Review of aged debtors
* Month end closure of sales and purchase ledger
* Daily bank reconciliation, petty cash control and authorisation of payments
* Intercompany balance reconciliation and payment
* Assisting the Regional Accountant with completing balance sheet reconciliations and production of month end files. Including other vehicle stock control accounts, service plan reconciliation and vehicle purchase control accounts
* Manufacture bonus posting and control
* Completion of monthly provision schedules
* Coding and posting of head office monthly recharges
* Assisting the General Manager with monthly variable pay submissions
* Stationary ordering and control
* Ensure all company policy & procedures are followed by the accounts office
* Any other Adhoc duties as required
Experience & Requirments:
The Ideal Candidate will –
- Currently studying towards AAT qualification
- Previous Dealership Accountancy experience is preferred ideally to Assistant Accountant level with supervision involvement
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft excel
- Knowledge of Kerridge software is preferred but not essential
- Strong technical and analytical accounting skills
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
Apply by submitting your CV on line and in absolute confidence ensuring we have all your contact details including mobile telephone number and personal e-mail address.
Please note that as a member of the IOR (Institute of Recruiters) we never forward CV’s to clients without having fully discussed the role with you and gained your permission to do so.
Should you not have been contacted within 5 days you can assume on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.