Our Client are an automotive dealer group – Who are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their well established accounts team in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire.
This role would suit someone currently working as an Accounts Assistant who is looking for the next step in their career or someone who is currently working as an Assistant Accountant who is looking for a new challenge.
The ideal candidate will have motor trade accounts experience.
Job Title / Location:
Assistant Accountant / Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire
Salary & Benefits:
Basic £25,000 plus benefits.
Type of Role:
This a full time permanent position working Monday to Friday.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- · Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- · Detailed analysis and commentary on overhead expenses and control account
- · Reconciliation of intercompany balances
- · Control sales ledger and warranty ledger; chase overdue debts
- · Raise ad-hoc sales invoices
- · Liaise with Warranty department as necessary
- · Assist with production of monthly management accounts for Huddersfield to a tight deadline (TBC)
- · Produce KPI reports and other supporting monthly MI
- · Ad-hoc reporting and project work
- · Post journals
- · Support ledger clerks
- · Maintain and improve financial and internal control systems
- · Training and motivating other staff
- · Any other tasks which might reasonably be expected
Experience & Requirements:
The Ideal Candidate will –
- · Looking for step-up from current role
- · Experience of motor-trade preferred
- · Part qualified in a recognised accounting qualification
- · Excellent excel skills preferred
- · Able to communicate with all levels of staff
- · Able to work unsupervised
- · Excellent time-keeping and attendance
- · Excellent organisation and time-management
How to apply:
Apply by submitting your CV on line and in absolute confidence ensuring we have all your contact details including mobile telephone number and personal e-mail address.
Please note that as a member of the IOR (Institute of Recruiters) we never forward CV’s to clients without having fully discussed the role with you and gained your permission to do so.
Should you not have been contacted within 5 days you can assume on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.